Nearly every CEO is talking about succession planning and rightfully so. Businesses today are looking at two disturbing trends: the impending mass exodus of baby boomers from the workforce and the growing mismatch between the skill demands of employers and the skill supply of the workforce. Having an effective succession program in place can help ensure that you have replacements ready to fill critical roles, deepen the pool of talent in your organization, advance diversity efforts, and promote the development and growth of your top talent.
In this webinar we'll learn more about:
- Building a Succession Plan That Works
- Defining the scope of your plan - everyone or hi-pos?
- Replacement or pipeline?
- Analyzing for critical positions
- Methods for employee evaluation
- Tools for tracking and maintaining the plan
About the Facilitator, Bill Mugavin, CPLP, SPHR, Consultant, FlashPoint
Bill has more than 25 years of performance improvement experience in the nonprofit, financial services, and pharmaceutical industries. His background includes operations management, training management, and international consulting at large global firms, so he understands what it takes to successfully drive performance in complex businesses. At FlashPoint, Bill focuses his consulting in the areas of performance, competencies development, talent acquisition, onboarding, and succession.
As a consultant, Bill has worked with top-tier Fortune 1000 global organizations to improve efficiencies, organizational design, and leadership effectiveness. Prior to joining FlashPoint, Bill was a senior consultant at CenterFirst and an executive with HSBC North America, where he led global teams in training, customer service, collections, and other operational areas. Bill has a master’s degree in education and training and performance improvement from Capella University.
To access the Building a Succession Process That Works webinar on Wednesday, August 13, 2014:
- Access JoinMe: www.joinme.com
- In the ‘join meeting’ green box on the right, type the following code: CarolGCASTD
- Press the green arrow
- If the presenter has joined and you have a message to ‘knock to join’ in a small box in the upper center of your screen, ask to join by clicking the ‘knock to join’ phrase.
- If the presenter has not joined, you will see a message to ‘wait for presenter to join.’
- To use the Voice Over IP (VoIP) or connect to the assigned phone number, click the ‘phone’ icon in the small box in the upper center of your screen. Select and dial the assigned phone number: +1.860.970.0010 Access Code: 243-196-629#