More than 70 percent of organizations surveyed for the 2014 Corporate Learning Factbook cite “capability gaps” as one of their top five challenges.
Within many of those companies, it takes 3-5 years for a seasoned employee to become fully productive.
Solving these challenges around capability gaps and time to productivity becomes even more complex given virtual teams, global operations, information overload, and ever-changing business priorities. These are real issues that impact the overall effectiveness and competitiveness of your organization.
Curriculum Planning and Design is a foundational solution to addressing these challenges. It improves the talent management process, the ROI of training, and ultimately business outcomes in some key ways.
Curriculum Planning and Design:
- Creates a clear and consistent set of skills and learning paths for a role
- Improves engagement by allowing employees to envision their future in the organization
- Helps lines of business and training organizations better prioritize and align training investments
- Streamlines the onboarding process, improving time to initial productivity
In this session, we’ll address:
- The framework and key outputs of Impact Instruction’s curriculum planning process, from initial planning through implementation and maintenance
- Aligning curriculum plans to other key organizational initiatives
- How to involve key audience members and stakeholders to create an environment for success
- Best practices we have uncovered in conducting this process for other organizations
- Practical next steps to consider for your organization
Amy Franko, Founder & CEO, Impact Instruction Group
Amy Franko is the Founder & CEO of Impact Instruction Group. Founded in 2007, Impact Instruction works with Fortune 1000 companies on blended training solutions, ranging from single topics to support for enterprise-wide initiatives. Her organization is often sought out for their expertise in technology-based learning. Industries served include financial services, healthcare, retail, energy, automotive, and technology.
An accomplished business woman, leader, and entrepreneur, Amy has established and moderates forums for learning executives across Ohio, and is also a nationally recognized speaker on the topic of women in leadership.
Amy is a member of the Association for Talent Development (ATD), and Women for Economic and Leadership Development (WELD). She was recently named as one of WELD’s 2015 Women You Should Know for her contributions to the Columbus, Ohio business community and philanthropic initiatives.
Impact Instruction Group has also won multiple industry awards for their work in the training and
Lisa Gearhart, Senior Instructional Designer
With 20 years of experience providing interactive training and marketing solutions, Lisa works to improve client business processes. She has managed the successful analysis, curriculum plan, design, development, and implementation of many high-profile training projects by working closely with the client, subject matter experts, and development team to provide the “total solution”. By establishing course standards, models and templates, she has been able to substantially reduce development time and costs.
Lisa has a B.A. in Communications from The Ohio State University. She is a member of the Central Ohio ATD (Association for Talent Development), and webmaster for the Upper Arlington, Ohio, Civic Association.
On a computer, use any browser with Flash. Nothing to download.
On a phone or tablet, launch the join.me app and enter meeting code: CarolGCASTD
Join the audio conference:
Dial a phone number and enter access code, or connect via internet.
By phone EST: